Thursday, August 28, 2008

Funny for the Day- Where's the wipes??

I was sitting at my computer trying to work on photography, while Brooklyn is peacefully sitting behind me playing with her books. Then I hear this all too familiar sound, turn and see that she has pulled off her diaper!! She has done this a few times in bed leaving her mark, literally, all over the room, the most recent being earlier this week, but luckily I was away at a photo consultation and Joe had the joy of cleaning up. (I probably shouldn't be saying this if we ever want to get babysitters again). To prevent that, I started putting onesies on her, but some how she was able to work around that onesie and still get it off. I thought it was funny until I realized it was a dirty diaper. I yelled at Hailey, "hurry get the wipes," but because she just woke up she just stared at me blankly. Finally I convinced her to go grab them while I try and keep Brooklyn from messing up the whole room. Hailey calls back to me, "mommy I tant weach them." Dang. I remember earlier today both girls had pulled every wipe out and spread them across the living room. Instead of getting mad, we played a little game with them before putting them all back in the tub and putting the tub high enough that it is just out of Hailey's reach. I pick up Brooklyn, holding her in a way that she can't get me dirty, as I dash to grab the wipes. I clean her up and all is good. That is until both girls make a mad dash to the tub of wipes I had just left on the floor. Maybe I shouldn't have made that wipe game such fun.

5 comments:

  1. I am having the same problem with JaRae, who is 2 now. She likes to get in her poop and make a mess. I tried the onsies, I tried layering, I tried a swimming suit over tights and now she is in footed pj's with a safty pin that I tape closed.(yeah, not your typical outfit in 100+ degree weather in Phoenix.) She has even gotten that off. I swear, in two days I had to clean up her mess like 6 times. I decided to potty train her and she has done well so far. At least now she leaves her clothes on and doesn't attempt to get to her diaper. THE JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to get work done with little ones! I can barely blog, er I mean clean the house, and I only have one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Annie! Your girls are so cute... and your photography is fabulous! I sure do wish you were in SL so I could hire you to do my wedding! We really should all get together soon... before our children have children!

    Love,
    Cousin Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie!! hey its Lizzy Mendoza (well puffer) !! I have been trying to hunt you down since I last talked to your mom like months ago!!! I am so glad I found you!! (well Deanne Sellers found me then she had you on her friends either way you're found!!) But I have been wantig to come visit you! we are in Molalla most of the time and are heading out there this weekend (Friday) and I would love to say Hi to you!! call President Parkers house and you'll find me this weekend. We don't have cell phones...poor dental students...ya know?!

    Love Always, Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to be grateful my second is still a baby. I think life is going to get harder when the two girls can be mischevious together. Parenthoods great yes?

    ReplyDelete